Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yang Xiaoliang <ya...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/25 06:18:28 UTC

access HDFS file from outside the Hadoop Cluster

Hi all,

I want to write a file into HDFS from outside the Hadoop cluser.
The hadoop runs on nodeA, nodeB, nodeC, ...
but my program runs on another node on the same local network (but not
in the hadoop cluser),
so, how to write a file into the HDFS from this node?

Could anyone help?
Thanks!

Re: access HDFS file from outside the Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Ayon Sinha <ay...@yahoo.com>.
You need to have the hdfs classes on your client machine, which will provide you with the HDFS API to read/write from the cluster. Your client machine does not have to be a part of the cluster.

-Ayon
See My Photos on Flickr
Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.