Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> on 2009/10/08 13:31:04 UTC

Capturing a Dependency into Local Repository

Hey,

I am slowly converting our projects to maven, though some are still
standard ant projects.

I've been changing the dependency JAR paths of the ant projects to
point into the maven repositories though (makes it much easier since I
don't have to keep thousands of tar.gz's and their extracts lying
around).

I want to update a specific dependency of an ant project, and was
hoping to simply download it into my maven repository. I can easily
setup the remote repository, make a maven project, build it, etc. But
isn't there another way to quickly inject a dependency into my local
repo?

Quintin Beukes

Re: Capturing a Dependency into Local Repository

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.
Thanks for the tip.

But to come back to my original question, is it even possible? Not
just for this. In general it can be a much easier way to download and
keep up to date software libraries/packages.

Quintin Beukes