Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "LEGRAS, Bastien" <ba...@capgemini.com> on 2009/04/10 11:41:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Freeze Apache 2.2.8 / Ubuntu 8.04 Linux version 2.6.24-23-server

Hello,

On several machines, after X hundreds of http calls, I get Apache2 freezing
this way :

- apache2 accepts the TCP requests but does not answer to the HTTP requests,
so Firefox says connected with and the page loader turns indefinetely.
- when I stop apache (/etc/init.d/apache2 stop) the scripts says OK but a ps
afx shows me the apache2 processes are still there and listen to ports 80 &
443, so an /etc/init.d/apache2 start fails saying (98)Address already in
use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
- only a killall -9 apache2 allows me to restart apache2.

I can reproduce that issue with any kind of applications (Python, PHP or
Java with mod_jk over Tomcat) and I'm using those modules :

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_jk/1.2.25 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g
mod_wsgi/2.3 Python/2.5.2

Of course, when I run perf tests Apache2 freezes after a few minutes.

Could anyone help me find out why apache2 freezes ?

Thanks.

--
Cordialement / Best Regards

Bastien LEGRAS

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message

[users@httpd] Re: Freeze Apache 2.2.8 / Ubuntu 8.04 Linux version 2.6.24-23-server

Posted by "LEGRAS, Bastien" <ba...@capgemini.com>.
The apache freeze was caused to a bug on an opensso agent version we were
using.