Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Connie Yang <cy...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 15:52:10 UTC

What happens to Kafka when ZK lost its quorum?

Hi all,

Can Kafka producers, brokers and consumers still be processing messages and
functioning in their normal states if Zookeeper lost its quorum?

Thanks,
Connie

Re: What happens to Kafka when ZK lost its quorum?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Weide/Connie,

I have added this entry in the FAQ, please let me know if anything on the
wiki is not clear to you.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-HowareKafkabrokersdependonZookeeper
?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: What happens to Kafka when ZK lost its quorum?

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Weide Zhang <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guozhang,

In worst case zookeeper dies for say 1 hour and come back up, will things
still be recovered automatically after 1 hour ?

Weide

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang