Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org> on 2000/11/18 12:49:34 UTC

Pages being cached

I'm getting weird behaviour with my struts code, and with the example
application.

Currently I've got Tomcat 3.2b6 running, with the latest nightly build of
struts (17-11-2000, that's the 17th November, 2000) and the examples,
documentation and test data all run. (Which I must say, took a very
long time to get a configuration other then a standard install right.)

JDK 1.3, Solaris7 ... all the latest patches.

(On a side note, I don't think tomcat loads .war files unless then are
in the $TOMCAT/webapps directory and the AutoLoad interceptor
is turned on.)

I have virtual hosts set up, and contexts usually set as something sensible
(usually /context). I've got Apache web server and mod_jk.

I've found that after loading about 2 or 3 pages from the example, or my
own (three page) application, pages start coming out of order, just
by clicking on links or submitting forms. The weirdest behaviour is when
I might be viewing the documentation on one virtual host and context, and a
page from my example application (on a different virtual host and context)
will appear in its place. Or the example application will appear instead
of my application.

It's not the browser because I have the cache set to zero, and for it to
compare the document on the network to local every time.

Anyone seen similar?

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML

Re: Pages being cached

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.
>> I'm getting weird behaviour with my struts code, and with the example
>> application.

>Once during testing I noticed that pages seemed to be served at random..
>Then I shut down httpd and then shut down tomcat.
>Thereafter I restarted tomcat and then restarted htttpd.
>Then everything worked.
>
>So I've concluded that when I want to restart tomcat, I've to
>first stop httpd, then tomcat, then start tomcat and then start httpd.
>
>I'm not sure if I should restart tomcat when I just want to restart httpd.

I have to restart Tomcat and Apache to get anything to work. It doesn't
help. Once my application has compiled the three pages it has in it,
(that is viewed them) it starts freaking out. Going through the documentation
doesn't seem a problem, so long as that's all I do. It happens with the
example application, with everything.

--

Posted by ho...@netscape.net.
struts-user@jakarta.apache.org wrote:

> I'm getting weird behaviour with my struts code, and with the example
> application.
>
> Currently I've got Tomcat 3.2b6 running, with the latest nightly build of
> struts (17-11-2000, that's the 17th November, 2000) and the examples,
> documentation and test data all run. (Which I must say, took a very
> long time to get a configuration other then a standard install right.)
>
> JDK 1.3, Solaris7 ... all the latest patches.
>
> (On a side note, I don't think tomcat loads .war files unless then are
> in the $TOMCAT/webapps directory and the AutoLoad interceptor
> is turned on.)
>
> I have virtual hosts set up, and contexts usually set as something sensible
> (usually /context). I've got Apache web server and mod_jk.
>
> I've found that after loading about 2 or 3 pages from the example, or my
> own (three page) application, pages start coming out of order, just
> by clicking on links or submitting forms. The weirdest behaviour is when
> I might be viewing the documentation on one virtual host and context, and a
> page from my example application (on a different virtual host and context)
> will appear in its place. Or the example application will appear instead
> of my application.
>
> It's not the browser because I have the cache set to zero, and for it to
> compare the document on the network to local every time.
>
> Anyone seen similar?
>

> --
> Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
> for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML
> http://www.cyber4.org/kumera/index.html

Hi

Once during testing I noticed that pages seemed to be served at random..
Then I shut down httpd and then shut down tomcat.
Thereafter I restarted tomcat and then restarted htttpd.
Then everything worked.

So I've concluded that when I want to restart tomcat, I've to
first stop httpd, then tomcat, then start tomcat and then start httpd.

I'm not sure if I should restart tomcat when I just want to restart httpd.

Alf Hogemark