Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 1999/01/22 13:11:41 UTC

Copyright & donating code

We (Demon Internet) are using a module and a couple of other
modifications that I wrote to support dynamic virtual hosting. (As
well as being simpler than using mod_rewrite, it has good support for
IP-based dynamic virtual hosts.) I'm currently trying to get
permission to give the code to the Apache Group, and it has in
principle been given. The main hurdle now is the lawyers :-/

The question is what are your requirements for copyright and license?
Do you require all of your code to be under the Apache copyright etc.?
Is joint copyright acceptable? If we gave the code to you with a BSD-
style license (perhaps without the advertising clause) is that OK?

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  dot@dotat.at  fanf@demon.net