Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Brent <br...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/01 18:43:08 UTC

Quick check on Log4j/Reload4j plan

Hey all,

I've been trying to go through Jira issues and mailing list archives to
understand ongoing plans for Log4j 1.x upgrades.  I know technically Hadoop
is not listed as vulnerable, but some more cautious organizations are
looking to upgrade anyway.

It seems like 3.4.x and beyond releases are talking about moving to Log4j2
or Logback (per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12956 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16206).

It seems like 3.2.x and 3.3.x are talking about moving to Reload4j (per
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18088 and
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/3906).

Two questions:
- Does that sound accurate?
- Are there any plans to patch Reload4j back into 2.x releases as well?

Thank you for your time and help and all your hard work on this project!

~Brent

Re: Quick check on Log4j/Reload4j plan

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
> That would be great! Would you like to start another thread to kick off the 2.10.x release plan?

Sure. I sent a mail to dev MLs for starting discussion.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Hi Wei-Chiu Chuang,

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 2:43 AM Brent <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've been trying to go through Jira issues and mailing list archives to
> understand ongoing plans for Log4j 1.x upgrades.  I know technically Hadoop
> is not listed as vulnerable, but some more cautious organizations are
> looking to upgrade anyway.
>
> It seems like 3.4.x and beyond releases are talking about moving to Log4j2
> or Logback (per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12956 and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16206).
>
> It seems like 3.2.x and 3.3.x are talking about moving to Reload4j (per
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18088 and
> https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/3906).
>
> Two questions:
> - Does that sound accurate?