Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Carsten Klement <ko...@carsten-klement.de> on 2024/04/04 13:08:01 UTC

Keep empty fields in 9.5

Hi,

we are currently updating to 9.5 (from 6.6) and have the problem that empty fields are not stored in the solr-index.

Is it possible to keep this empty fields?

We transmit the documents via http in json structure.

Thanks,

Carsten

Re: Keep empty fields in 9.5

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.
Storing a space, whitespace or empty string for a field is generally a bad
practice. Doing so makes it impossible to query for documents that don't
contain the field using the normal syntax (i.e. q=*:* -myField:*)

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
https://a.co/d/b2sZLD9 (my fantasy fiction book)