Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philipp Zuderell <ph...@tanner.de> on 2000/11/16 10:37:02 UTC

Netscape can't find css

Hi all!

I have written a servlet that uses a StyleSheet to produce an HTML Page.

While the app works fine in IE5, NS4.75 returns the following error
Message:

Error: 404

Location:
/examples/servlet/D:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/Web-inf/classes/spc.css

I use absolute paths  everywhere in the program, and they all work (with
NS, too) except  this one.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Philipp

RE: Netscape can't find css

Posted by David Molloy <mo...@eeng.dcu.ie>.
Apologies if a blank reply went before this one - bloody machine
is acting bitchy.

Two things I can think of, either of which might be useful or not.
1. I seem to recall there being a problem with Netscape and CSS
   file locations.  IE and Netscape handle relative pathing to
   CSS files differently so this can cause a problem similar to this.
   However you use absolute paths so it's not likely this.

2. Try putting the css file into /examples, as opposed to the classes
   directly.  It should be directly readable from the pages and it's
   not a class so it shouldn't be in there, as far as I can tell.

Dave

Re: Netscape can't find css

Posted by Jon Skeet <jo...@peramon.com>.
> I have written a servlet that uses a StyleSheet to produce an HTML Page.
>
> While the app works fine in IE5, NS4.75 returns the following error
> Message:

> Error: 404
>
> Location:
> /examples/servlet/D:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/Web-inf/classes/spc.css

That D:/ looks extremely odd. Why is the HTML requesting it?

Jon

RE: Netscape can't find css