Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com> on 2013/04/01 19:42:24 UTC

CloudStack and AD

Hi,

That might be a dumb question, but the documentation is not very verbose
about how the integration with AD works in CloudStack.  I understand
that we need to use the API for doing that, but the exact flow is not
documented (or I didn't see it) (e.g do we need to create users in CS
first, and then run the API call, etc). Can someone explain what we need
to achieved or point us a wiki page with a (kinda) working howto?

Thanks!!

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Re: CloudStack and AD

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.
Actually I do :)

I ran the API call using our python script, I get a response, but I
don't see the settings in the Global Settings within the UI. Is this normal?

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Re: CloudStack and AD

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
You get this error if you ssl certificate is not created using java tools.
You don't have to import server certificate in the ire's cacert keystone,
but give the path to the truststore.

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/
html/Admin_Guide/LDAPserver-for-user-authentication.html

-abhi

Re: CloudStack and AD

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

RE: CloudStack and AD

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
There are several,

Take a look here, I think you can cherry-pick them if code base has not diverged much.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=LDAP

Re: CloudStack and AD

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

RE: CloudStack and AD

Re: CloudStack and AD

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.
Will do if needed!

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Re: CloudStack and AD

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David! Francois - ping me if you have any questions. Apologies I
haven't submitted to have the documentation updated.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Francois Gaudreault
> <fg...@cloudops.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > That might be a dumb question, but the documentation is not very verbose
> > about how the integration with AD works in CloudStack.  I understand
> that we
> > need to use the API for doing that, but the exact flow is not documented
> (or
> > I didn't see it) (e.g do we need to create users in CS first, and then
> run
> > the API call, etc). Can someone explain what we need to achieved or
> point us
> > a wiki page with a (kinda) working howto?
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >

> Hi Francois:
>
> Check out Kirk's blog post here:
>
> http://kirkjantzer.blogspot.com/2013/03/ldap-authentication-in-cloudstack-v401.html
>
> If you are looking for something to automate the adding of users from
> LDAP to ACS - check out the script in this blog post here:
> http://sysadminnotebook.blogspot.com/2012/03/cloudstack-ldap.html
>
> --David

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475