Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch> on 2002/01/21 09:36:37 UTC

Re: can't access apache web page from other computer within the same local LAN.

zhao fengfeng wrote:

> I tried with both Listen set and commented in httpd.conf, but it makes
> no different.
>     I run the apache with root, FW running on the server? By the way, I
> run into the same problem when installing telnet server, ( other
> computer can't telnet to my computer, ). Is it related with access
> permittion files? I am new to linux.
> ( I installed the redhat with workstation option, not server).

If telnet won't work either, then your problem is not at the apache
layer. You have a network problem...

- can you ping your server from another machine?

- check your IP address by running (as root):

# ifconfig -a

this will tell you what IP addresses your machine is listening to.

- on the remote machine, check you have a route to your webserver:

# netstat -r

Check the man pages if you're not familiar with these commands.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Re: Apache Working with php4.1.1 but now...

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.
Justin,

One of the best places to do so is the Oreilly DNS and Bind book.
Here is the link:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

Tells you alot of information.  It is not real expensive, you can get it at
a local Barnes and Noble.