Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by email builder <em...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/12 00:44:55 UTC

Help debugging spamc/spamd

Hi,

  We recently changed some of our network topology so that we are temporarily
connecting with spamc to spamd over a regular external network connection (we
usually keep it inside our LAN, but this is a temporary thing... don't ask).

  Unfortunately, spamd stops (mostly) responding it seems.  I can watch spamc
sitting and waiting on the MTA by using "ps ax | grep spam" but I don't see
anything happening on the spamd server except for once every 15 minutes or
so, a few messages will process (there are hundreds a minute to process).
I'm not sure where it would be choking.

  I ran spamd in the foreground (-D), painstakingly read all the debug info
for a couple messages, and nothing looked bad.  When messages DID scan, they
took no more than a second or two, so I don't think there are DNS issues, but
I don't know where else to look.  Things just seem to stop processing
suddenly; I don't get it.

  Anyone have hints?

http://mail.yahoo.com