Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Chalker, Dean" <De...@intelliwhere.com> on 2003/11/14 03:14:46 UTC

Patch for XInclude/XPointer functionality

Hi all,

I am working towards adding XPointer functionality to XInclude, and submit
the attached patch to get things started.

In effect, XIncludeHandler now instantiates an XptrFrameMatcher, and uses
this to filter calls to the various XNI methods.  The XPointer framework
classes are added in a new subpackage.  From a functionality point of view,
the implementation is still fairly minimal, using the existing
XPath/XPathMatcher to get some simple child axis matching going.  I have
included new test cases to cover the added functionality.

I have posted this patch to get feedback on how I have integrated the
XptrFrame stuff into the existing XInclude/XNI structure.  This is my first
time at contributing to Xerces, so I want to make sure I have the foundation
correct before I look at fully implementing XPointer framework, the
xpointer(), element() and xmlns() schemes, not to mention a more complete
implementation of XPath.

Thanks in advance
Dean

INTERGRAPH
Dean Chalker
Distinguished Design Engineer (R&D)
IntelliWhere Product Development Center
Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions
Level 3/299 Coronation Drive
Milton  Brisbane
Austalia  4064
Phone:  +61 (0)7 3510 8918
Fax:    +61 (0)7 3510 8901
E-mail: dean.chalker@intelliwhere.com <ma...@intelliwhere.com>

Re: Patch for XInclude/XPointer functionality

Posted by Venu <K....@Sun.COM>.
Hi Dean ,

I was looking at your patch, i think one the file is missing could you
post that too for the sake for completion.

Thanks,
Venu