Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/24 17:12:42 UTC

Re: Creating Users

On Jan 24, 2008 9:02 AM, Mac-Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de> wrote:

> today i run into following Problem. Me as Continuum Admin wanted to
> create a new User lets say:
> User: Testuser
> PS:    Testuser77
>
> when i log out as Admin and try to log in as Testuser i always get
> something like
> 'You have entered an incorrect username and/or password.'

It's a known issue with users that are created vs. self-registered.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1611

To work around it, you can use the 'Resend Validation' button, update
the database directly to set the 'validated' bit, or just turn off the
requirement for email validation altogether.

--
Wendy

Re: Creating Users

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 24, 2008 12:32 PM, Mac-Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de> wrote:

> Found the file and added this line:
> email.validation.required=false
>
> which results in:
>
> Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/working-directory/19/displaytag-1.1/src/test/resources/classes/META-INF/displaytag.tld: (line 1, col 1)

As Jesse said, it's probably unrelated to the security issue.  It's
more than likely a side effect of putting the working directories
under WEB-INF, where they will be scanned by the Servlet container.

I've mentioned before that this can happen and we should have a better
default. :(

To add insult to injury, changing the config to put working
directories elsewhere won't change it for existing projects.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1108

--
Wendy

Re: Creating Users

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
as far as I know, that is an unrelated error

that looks like an error out of some unit tests in a project that continuum
is building.

jesse

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com