Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by JM Fraser <jm...@cybertrex.co.uk> on 2004/01/21 17:37:50 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd-2.0.47-8, install wont start - lib error

Hey there, forgive my posting to the group, but I have googled this thing to
death and can find no explanation for this error below:

*********
"Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: relocation error: /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0:
symbol sys_siglist, version GLIBC_2.3.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference [FAILED]"
*********

I was intending to upgrade Apache to httpd-2.0.44 > but the only RPM I could
find was the one listed above. Whenever I start Httpd (/etc/init.d/httpd
start) I get the error below. I think it means that 'libc.so.6' needs to be
linked into /usr/lib. But I am not sure and would definitely value any
advice that I may receive here.

I have been using Apache 1.3 for 2 years now and have only just moved over
to Apache 2 with the advent of Redhat v9 hence the problems. I was a little
unsure as to whether this version of Apache would work with RHv9, but I
understand now that this should not be a problem.

much thanks
Jules

RE: [users@httpd] httpd-2.0.47-8, install wont start - lib error

Posted by JM Fraser <jm...@cybertrex.co.uk>.
OK am installing the various libraries now and will advise. thx for your
help.

Posted by JM Fraser <jm...@cybertrex.co.uk>.
Are there many glibc packages bar the ones I have mentioned? Because I could
update them all and restart the Apache from scratch.

Posted by Matthew Shannon <ma...@paycom.net>.

Posted by Matthew Shannon <ma...@paycom.net>.

Posted by Matthew Shannon <ma...@paycom.net>.

Posted by JM Fraser <jm...@cybertrex.co.uk>.