Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org> on 2006/01/22 20:18:35 UTC

Best way to adjust spacing between rows in an fo:table?

Hello,

I'm using FOP 0.20.5 and I would like to adjust the vertical spacing
between rows in the <fo:table-body/> of an <fo:table/>, but am having
trouble doing so.  (The rows contain text only and currently are too
close together.)

What is the preferred property (padding/space -before, -after?) to use
for doing this, and on which FO element is it best for it to go on (the
fo:blocks within the fo:table-cells, fo:table-cells, fo:table-rows,
etc.)?  I would prefer a property that I can just place on the
<fo:table-body/> and have it inherit, but that is not a requirement in
case 0.20.5 won't support it.

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Best way to adjust spacing between rows in an fo:table?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
Clay Leeds wrote:

> I always used either the padding-bottom attribute on fo:table-row, or
> margin-bottom on fo:block. I occasionally had problems w fo:table-row
> padding attributes, in which case I would apply padding-bottom to the
> fo:table-cell element.

Thanks, that did it!  (padding-bottom on fo:table-row didn't work for me
either though, but I just needed to place it on the first fo:table-cell
in the row instead for it to work throughout the row.)

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Jan 22, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using FOP 0.20.5 and I would like to adjust the vertical
> spacing between rows in the <fo:table-body/> of an <fo:table/>, but
> am having trouble doing so.  (The rows contain text only and
> currently are too close together.)
>
> What is the preferred property (padding/space -before, -after?) to
> use for doing this, and on which FO element is it best for it to go
> on (the fo:blocks within the fo:table-cells, fo:table-cells,
> fo:table-rows, etc.)?  I would prefer a property that I can just
> place on the <fo:table-body/> and have it inherit, but that is not
> a requirement in case 0.20.5 won't support it.
>
> Thanks,
> Glen

I always used either the padding-bottom attribute on fo:table-row, or
margin-bottom on fo:block. I occasionally had problems w fo:table-row
padding attributes, in which case I would apply padding-bottom to the
fo:table-cell element.

The problem with the applying it to fo:block was that it meant one
has to wrap the fo:table-cell contents with an fo:block element just
for that purpose (if you had multiple fo:block elements...).

Web Maestro Clay