Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Guillaume Andréys <gu...@laposte.net> on 2004/03/10 14:32:21 UTC

Using Merlin with Turbine

Hi,

I am currently writting an application with Merlin and I want to link it with
Turbine for the presentation layer.

As there is few explanation, can someone send me an example to make my life
more easy :)

I saw that there is the service AvalonCompoentService in the Turbine 2.3 and
also the MerlinComponentService in Turbine 2.4 ... Is someone use the
MerlinComponentService, is it ok or do it need further development before to
use it ?

Thinks,
--
--------------------------------------
Guillaume Andréys

E-Mail : guillaume.andreys@laposte.net

"Le plus souvent, on cherche son bonheur comme on cherche ses lunettes : quand
on les a sur le nez."
F. Droz

GPG Key : 56A7FEC7 (pgp.mit.edu)

RE: Using Merlin with Turbine

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Guillaume,

The Merlin service is currently being used by some folks, however I don't
feel that it is appropriately Mature yet.  While it does everything you
need, it really should be updated to use the latest public version of
Merlin.  Also, it does require configuring some Merlin specific parameters
like MERLIN_HOME, because it uses that directory to store jars downloaded,
versus web-inf/lib directory.

Some more review and work would be great, as it will eventually become the
preferred container for components, over the ECM container.  Although
nothing in Turbine prevents any container from being used, like Spring or
PicoContainer, or Fortress...

Eric