Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Klaus Fehlker <ly...@web.de> on 2004/10/11 17:34:32 UTC

HP-UX 11.11 compilation

Hello,

since i am constantly facing problems during compilation of Subversion on
HP-UX 11.11 i want to ask if somebody has already compiled it on a 64-Bit HP
machine and could provide any insights. The latest error was

/usr/bin/ld: Invalid loader fixup in text space needed in output file for
symbol "$00000046" in input file ".libs/ne_locks.o"

and i have no clue where it could come from. Any hints?

Regards,
Klaus

Re: HP-UX 11.11 compilation

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Klaus Fehlker wrote:

>Hello,
>
>since i am constantly facing problems during compilation of Subversion on
>HP-UX 11.11 i want to ask if somebody has already compiled it on a 64-Bit HP
>machine and could provide any insights. The latest error was
>
>/usr/bin/ld: Invalid loader fixup in text space needed in output file for
>symbol "$00000046" in input file ".libs/ne_locks.o"

Which compiler are you using? I've had the most luck with HP's own ANSI
compiler rather than gcc.

Install or compile as many of the dependencies as you can from
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/ (such as neon). Unfortunately they don't
have a binary package there for Subversion, their request feature seems
to be broken, and I have had no luck contacting the maintainers.

Re: HP-UX 11.11 compilation

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.