Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <Sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/06/05 10:38:17 UTC

Struts errors management

	Hi,

	I have a lot of difficulties to display ActionForm validation errors
in my struts application.
	Can someone explain me the différence betwwen the two tags
struts:errors and html:errors ?
	Must I use ActionErrors or html:messages to display errors ?. It
looks they are a lot of
	solution to managed ActionForm errors which is the better ?
	Is it better to use the validation.xml new feature fron the beta1.1
version ?
	I have declared a validate method in my ActionForm class and a tag
html:errors in my JSP
	file and the following key in my applicationresource file
"error.ON_id.mismatch=<li>Invalid ON_id, please try again</li>".
	But when I try to display error the following text is displayed
???en_GB.error.ON_id.mismatch??? ???
	I don't known from where the text en_GB go.
	I think that the file ApplicationResource is well loaded because the
key title is displayed.
	How can I be sure of that ?
	I passed a lot of time on this subject, thanks a lot to explain me
the errors mechanism and give
	me a complete example.

	Sandra