Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Malcolm J Harwood <mj...@liminalflux.net> on 2005/07/07 20:33:38 UTC

MP2 books (was Re: Lost my )

On Sunday 03 July 2005 08:14 pm, Thomas Hilbig wrote:

> The actual CGI script uses the standard Lincoln Stein
> library under MP2, and not yet taking advantage of MP2
> code (requestor).  Rewriting to pure MP2 is a task for
> this summer, once I can find a good MP2 book that
> skips the whole MP1->MP2 stuff and is post-Apache2.

As far as I know, there isn't one. MP2 is still new enough there's no MP2 only
dead-tree documentation (and the namespace rename is even more recent).

Re: MP2 books (was Re: Lost my )

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Malcolm J Harwood wrote:
> On Sunday 03 July 2005 08:14 pm, Thomas Hilbig wrote:
>

>>The actual CGI script uses the standard Lincoln Stein
>>library under MP2, and not yet taking advantage of MP2
>>code (requestor).  Rewriting to pure MP2 is a task for
>>this summer, once I can find a good MP2 book that
>>skips the whole MP1->MP2 stuff and is post-Apache2.
>
> As far as I know, there isn't one. MP2 is still new enough there's no MP2 only
> dead-tree documentation (and the namespace rename is even more recent).

If you print the online docs (http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/, available
also in pdf) you will get more than one book. They should be good enough
to teach you how to write pure MP2 code.