Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sailaja Ravipati <sr...@opentext.com> on 2016/05/09 04:19:40 UTC

Registering database connection pool with JMX in Tomcat - Hot setting ?

Hi

I am using Tomcat version 7.0.63.
I have registered the dbconnection pool with MBeanServer.
Is there a way to make those methods hot setting? What I mean by this is, for example if I change statement cache size in the jconsole, it should take effect immediately.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sailaja.

RE: Registering database connection pool with JMX in Tomcat - Hot setting ?

Posted by Sailaja Ravipati <sr...@opentext.com>.
I am using tomcat jdbc pool that gets initialized with PoolProperties. Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards,
Sailaja.
On 09/05/2016 05:19, Sailaja Ravipati wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Tomcat version 7.0.63.
> I have registered the dbconnection pool with MBeanServer.
> Is there a way to make those methods hot setting? What I mean by this is, for example if I change statement cache size in the jconsole, it should take effect immediately.

That will depend on the connection pool implementation you have chosen.
Seeing you haven't told us which connection pool you are using...

Mark

Re: Registering database connection pool with JMX in Tomcat - Hot setting ?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.