Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/10 04:50:29 UTC

registerScript vs executeBatch

Any reason why PigServer.registerScript(..) chooses to only parse and not
execute, vs executing a pig script via command line invokes the same method
and chooses to execute right away. The latter makes sense to me, but not
sure why the behavior of PigServer API is not in sync with that?

The difference in code is GruntParser.parseStopOnError(boolean) is called
with different arguments in the 2 cases.

-Prashant

Re: registerScript vs executeBatch

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@twitter.com>.
yes,
the behavior of registerScript() depends on if you called setBatchOn()
before or not
if batch is on, you need to call executeBatch()
otherwise it just executes when you store something

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.