Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frederick Aubert <fa...@net2000.ch> on 2002/05/07 16:26:43 UTC

Some JSP and Beans Questions

Hi,

My questions will look pretty stupid to the experts, so to avoid bugging
everyone on this list, I¹d suggest that if you want to answer them, you can
address me directly at faubert@net2000.ch.

I tried to build an html form linked via JSP to a Java Bean. I then tried to
access the object instantiated from the field values obtained from the form.
Everything went fine as long as I kept using associated get/set methods. I
then tried to add a new method ³connect² to my bean, just to keep things
simple I made this method not taking any parameter not returning anything
and not doing any computation, but as soon as I tried to call it it launched
a bunch of exceptions and errors. Any idea? Is it forbidden to add such
method to a bean?

I also tried to create some multiple selection box (ie. You have a box of
given values, where the user can pick any number 0-max). I then tried to get
XXX parameter back using the automated conversion into a bean with property
XXX being of type java.util.Set, but I found myself stuck when I add to
implement the setXXX method. How can I achieve this multiple arguments
recuperation?

Thanks, Frederick

   `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)       Frederick Aubert
 _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'                faubert@net2000.ch