Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Laura Hatcher <lh...@argoneng.com> on 2002/01/29 23:51:02 UTC

schemas not found during validation

Sorry if this question has already been answered in the archive.  I
checked and I couldn't find an answer.

Currently I am doing multiple schemas validation using XercesJ 1.4.3.
Schema1 uses the XSDL command <include> to include Schema2 and Schema3.
I want to define them so that the path (or directory) of these schemas
are not hardcoded within Schema1.  But I have noticed that when using
relative paths the parser looks for the schemas in the directory of
which the parser is instantiated (or the directory of which the JVM is
running).  Does anyone know a way of specifying the directory of which
the schemas reside without hardcoding the full directory in Schema1?  I
looked into the Xerces properties and found the external-schemaLocation
property but that only works to specify where to find Schema1 from the
XML instance.

Please somebody help,
Laura Hatcher