Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mi...@mi-consultants.com> on 2004/12/16 14:40:51 UTC

default root for svnserve

I have svnserve running on a fedora core 3 machine setup using xinetd.
the xinetd.d file looks like:

service svn
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = svnowner
        server          = /usr/bin/svnserve
        server_args     = -i -r /usr/local/repositories
  }

The -r option does not seem to be working. I would like to be able to
access the repo as svn://host.domain.com/testrepo.
Right now I need to access it as
svn://host.domain.com/usr/local/repositories/testrepo

Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?
Or is there some kind of equivalent to CVSROOT?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: default root for svnserve

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:
> the xinetd.d file looks like:
> service svn
> {
>         disable = no
>         socket_type     = stream
>         wait            = no
>         user            = svnowner
>         server          = /usr/bin/svnserve
>         server_args     = -i -r /usr/local/repositories
>   }
>
> The -r option does not seem to be working. [...]
> Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

Restart xinetd?

> Or is there some kind of equivalent to CVSROOT?

Not that I knew of, but CVSROOT is clientside only, IIRC.

Uli

Re: default root for svnserve

Posted by Daniel Jackson <da...@email.unc.edu>.
Michael,

There was some whitespace on the last line before the closing "}" in
the first example you posted.  It's been removed in this one.  Maybe
that's the problem?

Daniel

Posted by "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mi...@mi-consultants.com>.