Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by navrc <na...@seznam.cz> on 2008/06/04 12:03:15 UTC

sql transformer - display another site during transformer's work

Hallo,
I use sql transformer. Some heavy SELECTs takes a long time (hours). Is some
possibility to display another site during transformer's work and when work
is finished show the result.

Thanks.

Pavel Navrkal

RE: sql transformer - display another site during transformer's work

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
I agree with Jasha, that a background task would be the best solution.
Another solution would be that if it takes minutes, you could try to use Ajax for generating the files in the background and displaying a processing task to the user.

Jeroen

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by navrc <na...@seznam.cz>.
At the and of month we make some reports in pdf, there is lots of big tables
in the DB. So the selects take long time.

Pavel

RE: sql transformer - display another site during transformer's work

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
Hello Pavel,

What is the purpose of those heavy SELECTs? If it's for data
replication, I wouldn't use Cocoon for that. If it's for live data
retreival, nobody wants to wait hours for a response.

> http://www.nabble.com/sql-transformer---display-another-site-d
> uring-transformer%27s-work-tp17643261p17643261.html
> Sent from the Cocoon - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Regards,