Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2001/01/12 21:05:14 UTC

BugRat Report #758 has been filed.

Bug report #758 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/758>

REPORT #758 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2.1
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Win2k
   OS Release: SP0
   Platform: Apache 1.3.14

Synopsis:
HTTP POST incorrect behavior

When I open a telnet session from a Linux machine to my Win2k machine running Tomcat, it allows me to type the following:

POST /jgrady/servlet/PurchaseOrderServlet HTTP/1.0
content-length: 8

And then as soon as I hit <enter> after the '8', it tries to process my request.  AFAIK, this is incorrect behavior for HTTP POSTing.  I think it should allow me to type one blank line, some content, and then process my request.

Integrating Apache with Tomcat and trying the same test only makes Apache return an error 500 'Internal Server Error'.

-jgrady@viridien.com