Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 07:42:19 UTC

Forcing snapshot repositories to be disabled?

I'm trying to build a codehaus mojo and the codehaus parent poms
declare both repositories and pluginRepositories that are snapshots.

This is fine when the project I am working on needs the snapshot
versions, but it also means that I am pulling in snapshots for
everything.

Is there a way to turn this off?

It only affects people trying to develop maven and is only a problem
when there is a broken snapshot (surefire forking on windows appears
to be broken).

My workaround is to manually select the plugin version in the pom to a
known released version.

This problem is probably similar to the discussion Remove
auto-resolution of plugin versions from Maven 2.1
http://www.nabble.com/Remove-auto-resolution-of-plugin-versions-from-Maven-2.1-tf3560617s177.html

Re: Forcing snapshot repositories to be disabled?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
This appears to be a problem only because mvn-proxy is being used.

I don't see this behavior at home.

Re: Forcing snapshot repositories to be disabled?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 4/12/07, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It only affects people trying to develop maven and is only a problem
> when there is a broken snapshot (surefire forking on windows appears
> to be broken).

Actually this affects release as well.

Since the snapshot repositories are defined the release process will
use the snapshot version of plugins. (I don't think the release
process only resolves to released plugins...)

One solution would be to get org.codehaus.mojo:mojo to define profiles
with the snapshot repositories which can be activated instead of
defining them in the pom like they are.