Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com> on 2019/07/29 20:32:59 UTC

Is Queryable State not working in standalone cluster with 1 task manager?

Hi there,

We have a job that is run inside Docker via `standalone-job.sh
start-foreground --job-classname`, with 1 task manager. I've been trying to
make QueryableState available in this setup for 2 days now and I can't seem
to enable it.

If I create a LocalEnvironment within the code itself and provide
queryable-state.enable:
true config directly via Configuration, then I can at least see that the
queryable state server is spinning up.

Any pointers? With standalone-job.sh, it seems that it doesn't care about
queryable-state.enable config inside flink-conf.yaml.

---
Oytun Tez

*M O T A W O R D*
The World's Fastest Human Translation Platform.
oytun@motaword.com — www.motaword.com

Re: Is Queryable State not working in standalone cluster with 1 task manager?

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
Wow, I think QS state and proxy servers are actually running, but the logs
are not sent to container logs.

I was able to see the activation in /opt/flink/log/taskexecutor-*.log file:
[image: image.png]

These lines however are not visible in the typical docker container log.

Thank you for the support, Fabian. I am now structuring our QS
interactions, let's see what comes.

---

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.