Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by ha...@kodemuse.com on 2002/11/21 19:16:49 UTC

Testing as a separate project - Re: cvs commit: jakarta-james/proposals/TLP proposal.txt

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > Testing could become a pretty consuming project requiring someone to
focus
> > on it every bit as much as a release manager has to focus on a release.

> This is another good point, its all very well to propose sub-projects, but
> they do need to demonstrate some kind of community prepared to actually
put
> in the effort.

Right.  And as much as I might have interest in the test bed, the most I
think I could offer would be kibbitzing because I expect that we will all be
consumed by the v3 development.  So whomever would decide to work on testing
is going to have to decide that they want to focus on testing as their
primary contribution for a while.  Do you agree?

	--- Noel

RE: Testing as a separate project - Re: cvs commit: jakarta-james/proposals/TLP proposal.txt

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> I have to say that I am unsure.  Yes, I think that there should
> be a testing
> sub-project.  But is this something that needs to be dealt with now, or
> afterwards as a PMC?

IMO its not a primary goal, and worth as it is, is probably best dealt with internally if/when we get that far. I can't see it swaying the board's decision.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Harmeet,