Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io> on 2016/01/01 16:20:37 UTC

Re: Server Logs

Chandra,

If its a separate app to collect logs, it would presumably run on the same
server IIS is running on since that's where logs would be generated.

-Ewen

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 9:22 PM, chandra sekar <th...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Ewen,
> Where do i run the separate application?  Is it IIS server side or Hadoop
> Cluster side (kafka)?
> Thanks & Regards Sekar
>

> > Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:06:22 -0800
> > Subject: Re: Server Logs
> > From: ewen@confluent.io
> > To: users@kafka.apache.org
> >
> > Chandra,
> >
> > If you're just serving files from IIS and want to collect logs, you'll
> > probably want to run a separate application to collect the log files and
> > report each log entry to Kafka.
> >
> > If you're running a web application, you can use the producer yourself to
> > report events to Kafka.
> >
> > -Ewen
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 7:45 PM, chandra sekar <thittaisekar@hotmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dear All,I am new to Apache-Kafka. I've installed hadoop with 5 Node
> > > Cluster which is running on Ubuntu Linux environment. Basically I would
> > > like to stream data from web server which is running on Windows (IIS)
> > > server. I read most of the article about Kafka related, and it's
> mentioned
> > > producer , broker and consumer.  my question is how to integrate the
> web
> > > server into Kafka cluster (Linux environment) Do i need to running any
> > > Client Programming in the web server. could you please anyone share
> with me
> > > the above matter.Thanks in advance Regards thittaisekar
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Ewen

Ewen

RE: Server Logs

Posted by chandra sekar <th...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Ewen,
Thanks for your information. If separate app to collect logs, How could to collect logs from sensor devices.
Regards Sekar.