Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/30 15:02:40 UTC

[JAX-RS] Aegis and XmlBeans are optional, updates to the documentation

Hi

The Aegis and XmlBeans dependencies have become optional (for Maven users)
starting from 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT and 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.
The main reason behind this update is to continue minimizing on the set of
dependencies. Aegis and XmlBeans are being used by CXF JAX-RS users but it
is likely that these data bindings are used in 20% of cases. Making the
dependencies optional has also saved 200K+ on the size of the CXF JAX-RS
bundle.

Please note it will only affect the Aegis and XmlBeans users who use Maven
to work with the CXF JAX-RS bundle or the cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs frontend but
hopefully adding another dependency when needed won't be a problem. Those
who work with CXF distributions should not be affected.

Another update is that the JAX-RS documentation has been significantly
restructured recently. I know that some users do prefer to read through a
single long page but I think we can all agree the wiki page just become
unmanageable in the end. Please see [1] - I believe the layout has become
much better and it will be a lot easier now to update individual sections
and add new ones.

thanks, Sergey

See [1] and [2] for more information.

[1] http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html