Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2016/12/09 14:57:49 UTC

[FlexJS] ComboBox

Hi,

I've re-worked ComboBox so that it uses TextInput, Button, and List (as its pop-up). The original version had a lot of platform-specific code and just wasn't working cleanly. This new version is much better IMO. I still have to figure out how to decorate the button with an arrow. I'm thinking of an ImageButton, but I'm not sure where the image file should live since this would be part of a component in a SWC; not sure if image files can be part of the SWC. We've got a couple of arrow button view beads, but DownArrowButtonView renderers small because it is designed for the SWF-side scrollbars and is itself only available on the SWF side. The same is true for the DecrementButtonView which does use the Path class, but it assumes its host is UIBase-derived and a Button is not. So I've got to come up with something.

I've pushed the code for ComboBox now so you can give that a try.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project

Re: [FlexJS] ComboBox

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
For down arrow, aren't there symbols in most fonts we can use?

Re: [FlexJS] ComboBox

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
  My bad; I completely missed the FlexJS mention in the subject header.

  You can probably ignore most of what I Said.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: [FlexJS] ComboBox

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Re: [FlexJS] ComboBox

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

On 12/9/2016 9:57 AM, Peter Ent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've re-worked ComboBox so that it uses TextInput, Button, and List (as its pop-up). The original version had a lot of platform-specific code and just wasn't working cleanly. This new version is much better IMO. I still have to figure out how to decorate the button with an arrow.
  If it is helpful; when creating the Flextras Mobile Drop Down; I used
FXG images for the down arrow and used those to decorate the button:

https://github.com/Flextras/FlextrasComponents/tree/master/mobileComponents/com/flextras/mobile/autoCompleteComboBox/skins

and

https://github.com/Flextras/FlextrasComponents/tree/master/mobileComponents/com/flextras/mobile/autoCompleteComboBox/skins/assets