Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Rafael Mendes <ra...@birmind.com.br> on 2022/08/25 13:33:11 UTC

EtherNet/IP Golang Support

Greetings,

I'm trying to find a Golang implementation of the EIP protocol and found
the plc4x project, which has an amazing objective of unifying all protocols.

Currently, going over the project website, I saw that Golang doesn't
support EIP, but on Github though, I can see some files related to the EIP
protocol.

I wanted to know the current state of it and also I didn't get how am I
supposed to implement a protocol in some language. Is it all generated
through a code generator? Is there someplace I can find more information?

Best,

Rafael

Re: EtherNet/IP Golang Support

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Rafael,

if you need a kick-start on contributing I’d be more than happy to give you that orientation in a Zoom meeting.

Chris

From: Rafael Mendes <ra...@birmind.com.br>
Date: Friday, 26. August 2022 at 15:30
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: Re: EtherNet/IP Golang Support
Hi Christofer,

Thanks for the reply! We are currently acquiring an EIP device (an inverter
if I'm not mistaken), so I'll be able to test it too.

I'll give that package a shot and let you know about the results. I'm more
than happy to contribute if changes are needed. I'm just uncertain of where
is the best place to understand how is the project structured.

Rafael

Posted by Rafael Mendes <ra...@birmind.com.br>.
Hi Christofer,