Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Juliano Viana <ju...@logicstyle.com> on 2006/07/11 14:57:44 UTC

Exporting service-points as SOAP web services?

Hi,

I'm planning to export some service points as web services. I was
thinking about building a generic web services exporter service, capable
of exporting services with moderately complex interfaces (no complex
data types). I've already done something similar using JBoss Remoting
but now I need to be able to call the services from systems written in
other languages.I was wondering if anyone already did that? If yes, can
you please point me on the right direction?

Regards,
   - Juliano.

RE: Exporting service-points as SOAP web services?

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
PHP Hessian clients work just fine.

Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> wrote: Hello Juliano,

In HiveMind Utilities, there is the "hiveremoting.caucho" module that might
be of interest to you. Although it is not SOAP based, it could apply in your
situation. It uses Caucho Hessian or Burlap protocols over http/https.
Hessian protocol is known to have support on several non Java platforms
(.NET, PHP, C++...) but I only tested in Java, so I cannot comment on the
quality of support for other languages.

In hiveremoting.caucho, exporting a service-point as an Hessian/Burlap based
service is just a matter of adding one contribution (with only a few
properties) to a configuration point.

Cheers

Jean-Francois

I'm planning to export some service points as web services. I was
thinking about building a generic web services exporter service, capable
of exporting services with moderately complex interfaces (no complex
data types). I've already done something similar using JBoss Remoting
but now I need to be able to call the services from systems written in
other languages.I was wondering if anyone already did that? If yes, can
you please point me on the right direction?

Regards,
   - Juliano.

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)

RE: Exporting service-points as SOAP web services?