Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Matthias Keller <ma...@ergon.ch> on 2009/05/26 13:56:11 UTC

Problems using wicket with web.xml security

Hi

We have a wicket application which should be completely secured by FORM
authentication by the webserver.
For that, we have the following in web.xml:

    <security-constraint>
        <display-name>Secured pages</display-name>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>All Pages</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
            <http-method>GET</http-method>
            <http-method>POST</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>someRole</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <login-config>
        <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
        <realm-name>Secure Everything</realm-name>
        <form-login-config>
            <form-login-page>/login</form-login-page>
            <form-error-page>/login/login-error.jsp</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
    </login-config>

    <security-role>
        <description>User security role</description>
        <role-name>someRole</role-name>
    </security-role>
    <security-role>
        <description>User security role</description>
        <role-name>someOtherRole</role-name>
    </security-role>

Unfortunately, it seems that every user having ANY role gets access to
the wicket pages.
For example a user with role  someOtherRole  will get access to the main
page, as its url is for example:
http://localhost:7001/app/?wicket:interface=:2::::
When he tries to access a mounted page though, he gets the Error
403--Forbidden as expected.
But he should also get this error when trying to access the home page of
the wicket app.
I suspect it has something to do with the /* url-pattern not catching
the /?wicket:interface=:2::::  ???

Thanks for your help!!

Matt

--
matthias.keller@ergon.ch  +41 44 268 83 98
Ergon Informatik AG, Kleinstrasse 15, CH-8008 Zürich

Re: Problems using wicket with web.xml security

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
try in a different servlet container

-igor