Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "itlists@schrievkrom.de" <it...@schrievkrom.de> on 2013/09/18 16:53:50 UTC

Deletion of a document with GUI not possible ...

I have here databases, where I can not delete a document from within the
browser GUI - it simpley fails. Even the API call "delete" fails. Very
often it goes away if I delete ALL design documents.

When I add a field "_deleted" (in the browser)  I can delete the
document always ...

Any idea ???

Re: Deletion of a document with GUI not possible ...

Posted by "itlists@schrievkrom.de" <it...@schrievkrom.de>.
Yes, I think you are right. I think its a misworkig validate function.

When I look at http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/validation.html there is a
utility function I used in my validate functions:

function require(field, message) {
     message = message || "Document must have a " + field;
     if (!newDoc[field]) throw({forbidden : message});
   };

and I had a boolean field in my document I tested with this function and it throws an
exception whenever the attribute is false :-)))) I changed this function and now the
errors are gone.

On the other side the GUI of CouchDB never showed me the cause of the deletion error - actually the
deletion dialog always stayed open.

Marten

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
A little more information will help us :-)

what "fail" means - specifically try to do curl -vX DELETE
$COUCH/db/document and show us the output.

couchdb version & platform you are running on.

a link to a sample document that doesn't work, & any design documents
that have a validate_update function.