Oracle9.2 and mod_perl - advice sought

Hello all,

Quick request for advice/direction...

I'm about to take receipt of an Oracle 9.2 server - for the development
of a site/product/service..  I'm happiest writing Perl - under mod_perl
- so I'd like to stick to that, but most importantly I need the solution
with the lowest transaction overheads..  (The webserver and OracleDB are
going to be on different boxes..)

I'm told the best solution is to use SQLNet(?) rather than ODBC.. ??

I've managed to get my XML'ing to a level that allows me to avoid
databases thus far ;-) So I have little experience of what the best
direction is... Any recommendations of modules, other lists etc.. would
be very much appreciated..

Thank you kindly :-)

Jimbo

RE: Oracle9.2 and mod_perl - advice sought

Chris, Dmitri, Chuck,

Thank you all..

Have got myself a safari bookshelf and cpan shell at the ready.. Wish me
luck... Databases here I come ;-)

- Jim

Posted by Christopher Taranto <ch...@tokpela.com>.