Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vaibhavi <sh...@elitecore.com> on 2002/12/04 12:46:05 UTC

how to access property of the Data Source Configuration

Hi,
 I have congifured my struts-config.xml for databse as follows

<!-- ========== Data Source Configuration
=============================== -->
<!--
  <data-sources>
    <data-source>
      <set-property property="autoCommit"
                       value="false"/>
      <set-property property="description"
                       value="Example Data Source Configuration"/>
      <set-property property="driverClass"
                       value="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"/>
      <set-property property="maxCount"
                       value="4"/>
      <set-property property="minCount"
                       value="2"/>
      <set-property property="password"
                       value="ecatalog"/>
      <set-property property="url"

value="jdbc:mysql://192.9.203.211:3306/ecatalog"/>
      <set-property property="user"
                       value="ecatalog"/>
    </data-source>
  </data-sources>
-->

Now how do I access this properties in to my servlet file.

import org.apache.commons.sql.util.*;

try
             {
                         dataSource = getDataSource(request);
                         Conn = dataSource.getConnection();
                         String selquery="Select * from aaa";
                         pstmt = conn.prepareStatement(selquery);
                         rs = pstmt.executeQuery();
                        while(rs.next())
                        {
                                    System.out.println("This is
:"+rs.getString("id"));
                        }
             }catch (SQLException sqle)
             {

getServlet().log("Connection.process", sqle);
             }

Is it right way.

Because
import org.apache.commons.sql.util.*;

gives me error since I don't have common*.jar  for sql how can I manage
this.

Regards,
Vaibhavi Shah
  _____