Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Guillaume Lederrey <Ge...@ledcom.ch> on 2005/03/08 17:50:39 UTC

Authentication, JAAS & friends

  Hello !

  I have an app that I need to test with a custom JAAS authentication module
enabled. I set up the environnement as described in
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/writing/howto_security.html, added
"cactus.tomcat4x.config=${basedir}/conf/cactus/tomcat4x/server.xml" to my
project.properties to enable the JAAS Realm and configured a "mergewebxml" to
enable the authentication on "/ServletRedirectorSecure".

  I have a very simple test that tries to access one of my secured servlet.
From what I see in my app's logs, the access is occuring and there is no
error. But ... the test (run with "maven -o cactus:test" exit with an error.
The relevant log :

 [cactus] Testcase: testCallWithUserPrincipal took 0.033 sec
    [cactus]    Caused an ERROR
    [cactus] Failed to get the test results at
[http://localhost:8080/siems-ds-cactus/ServletRedirectorSecure]
    [cactus] org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the
test results at
[http://localhost:8080/siems-ds-cactus/ServletRedirectorSecure]
    [cactus]    at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundBody0
(DefaultHttpClient.java:92)

  Where should I be looking ?

 Thank you !

  Guillaume