Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Neubauer <pe...@neubauer.se> on 2004/09/14 21:04:39 UTC

Cyclic dependency patch

Hi,
I think I fixed the checking of cyclic dependencies in the assembly phase of
merlin.
Now, cyclic dependencies (Component-A has a service dependency to Service-B,
implemented by Component-B that has a dependency to Service-A, implemented by
only Component-A) will throw an CycliDependencyException and in effect a
ModelRuntimeException.

Without the patch, the assembly phase will be successfull, but if the cyclic
components are in a sub-container the Commissioner will get a deadlock

/peter

Re: Cyclic dependency patch

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 15 September 2004 03:04, Peter Neubauer wrote:
> Hi,
> I think I fixed the checking of cyclic dependencies in the assembly phase
> of merlin.
> Now, cyclic dependencies (Component-A has a service dependency to
> Service-B, implemented by Component-B that has a dependency to Service-A,
> implemented by only Component-A) will throw an CycliDependencyException and
> in effect a ModelRuntimeException.

Applied.

Any assistance from other to test this more thoroughly is appreciated.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /