Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arnaud Dostes - NTI <ad...@nti-sa.com> on 2001/04/19 17:10:26 UTC

apache and tomcat cooperation, 404 error when calling /servlet

Hello, I've looked through the archives, but noone seems to have encountered
my problem...

I have also read tomcat-apache-howto.html and mod_jk-howto.html in the
/tomcat/doc directory

This is what I do :

I installed apache 1.3.12 and tomcat 3.2.1 on the same linux box

I copied the mod_jk.so to the libexec directory

I copied the mod_jk.conf-auto to /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf

I added the line Include /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf to httpd.conf
I configured the workers.properties file to match my configuration.
I didn't touch tomcat's server.xml file because the AJP12 connector is
already there

I started tomcat then restarted Apache

I get apache's welcome page on http://localhost which is fine...
I get tomcat's Index of /examples on http://localhost/examples which is
fine, it means that Apache is serving Tomcat's static content
When I request any /servlet or any JSP file i get a 404 error in the case of
servlet, and i get the jsp code for jsp files (like <%="hello"%>) which
means the jsp files are not server-side processed..

When I telnet to localhost:8007 I get the IOException from tomcat, which
means the AJP connector is up.

When I try running servlets/jsp from http://localhost:8080 they run
normally.

Does anyone have a clue ?