Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ян Программист <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/15 11:30:08 UTC

Transactions

I need some kind of test:

1. To achieve SELECT from VTI tables before test would start

2. To start a transaction over a table with one column. To initiate
insertion N*1000000 records (N - preferable number)

3. While those are processing, I will start ij and achieve SELECT from VTI
tables; to how VTI records describe transaction isolation at single moment
of time

4. Transaction will finish

5. I will make additional SELECT, to unsure that VTI data is equal to (1)
state

John

Re: Transactions

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
On 04/15/10 11:30, Ян Программист wrote:
> I need some kind of test:
>
> 1. To achieve SELECT from VTI tables before test would start
>
> 2. To start a transaction over a table with one column. To initiate
> insertion N*1000000 records (N - preferable number)
>
> 3. While those are processing, I will start ij and achieve SELECT from
> VTI tables; to how VTI records describe transaction isolation at single
> moment of time
>
> 4. Transaction will finish
>
> 5. I will make additional SELECT, to unsure that VTI data is equal to
> (1) state

Hi John,

I don't think there is such a test in the Derby repository, so you'll
probably have to write one yourself.

Note that if you want to connect with ij while the test is running, it
will be easier if you set up a network server that you run your test
against, since you cannot connect to an embedded database with ij if
it's in use by another process.

--
Knut Anders