Posted to users@maven.apache.org by �rico Teixeira <er...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/11/13 23:11:44 UTC

ear archetype

I'm trying to run the command :

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-webapp -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-ear

When it runs I get the following error :

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.archetypes
ArtifactId: maven-archetype-ear
Version: RELEASE

Reason: Unable to determine the release version

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes -DartifactId=maven-archetype-ear \
        -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven
.archetypes -DartifactId=maven-archetype-ear \
        -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
         -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-ear:jar:RELEASE

Where can I get the archetype to install manually ?