Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jonathan Marcus <ja...@jobstick.com> on 2009/05/07 22:16:13 UTC

Thrift speed question

Hi,

Does anybody have any numbers regarding how fast Thrift is for
inter-server communication?

Specifically, I'd like info about Thrift in PHP, both with & without the
PHP extension. Does it make a big difference?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: Thrift speed question

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.
The compiled extension makes a big difference in [de]serialization speed.
But if [de]serialization is a small component of the total request time,
the impact on the total time will be small.

--David

Re: Thrift speed question

Posted by Dvir Volk <dv...@gmail.com>.
no, just the plain php classes.