Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com> on 2006/09/11 19:13:20 UTC

Eclipse tools - RC11

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has run into the same situation as I have with
Geronimo 1.1 (tomcat), Eclipse 3.2 (Callisto) w/ WTP 1.5.  Everything
from Eclipse is as current as it gets.

I can create an EJB project.  But, if I try to create an XDoclet
Stateless Session EJB - it fails and does nothing.  There is nothing
added to the .metadata/.log file.

I am using the rc11 geronimo tools on linux.

Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay

Re: Eclipse tools - RC11

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
Sachin Patel wrote:
> Also, try out the updated driver, it hasn't been released, but
> contains many fixes...
>
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/g-eclipse-plugin-1.1.x-deployable.zip
>
> The versions have not been bumped up yet, so you'll want to remove
> *geronimo* from both eclipse/plugins and eclipse/feature before
> extracting and relaunch eclipse with "-clean".
>
> On Sep 11, 2006, at 3:43 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>
>> I've played around a little bit with the XDoc support in WTP, so if
>> you get a chance, give me some details on the steps you're doing and
>> would be glad to help you out.

>>> Sachin,
>>>
>>> Eclipse does not even create the new java file.  I will give more
>>> details tomorrow (possibly today - but not likely).  This usually
>>> does not cause me problems because up until now I have only played
>>> with EJBs - But now I think I will be needing them.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jay
>>

>> -sachin
>>

> -sachin

Sachin,

Thank you for your willingness to help with my problem.

Fortunately, it looks like re-installing everything (Eclipse, xDoclet,
Geronimo Plugin, ...) was enough to beat my computer into submission.

I can again create xDoclet bean classes.

Now I need to learn what to put into them.

Thanks again,

Jay

Re: Eclipse tools - RC11

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Also, try out the updated driver, it hasn't been released, but
contains many fixes...

http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/g-eclipse-
plugin-1.1.x-deployable.zip

The versions have not been bumped up yet, so you'll want to remove
*geronimo* from both eclipse/plugins and eclipse/feature before
extracting and relaunch eclipse with "-clean".

On Sep 11, 2006, at 3:43 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> I've played around a little bit with the XDoc support in WTP, so if
> you get a chance, give me some details on the steps you're doing
> and would be glad to help you out.
>
> On Sep 11, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>
>> Sachin Patel wrote:
>>> Could you be a little more specific? Are you saying that xdoc
>>> generation fails? If so you'll want to report this to WTP via
>>> bugzilla (bugs.eclipse.org component WTP/J2EE).  Or are you
>>> saying Geronimo fails to process the generated dd? Could you
>>> provide us your deployment descriptor as well as the openejb-
>>> jar.xml.  I'm not too familiar with the openejb deployment
>>> descriptor so perhaps someone can indicate any missing elements
>>> needed.

>>> -sachin
>>>

>> Sachin,
>>
>> Eclipse does not even create the new java file.  I will give more
>> details tomorrow (possibly today - but not likely).  This usually
>> does not cause me problems because up until now I have only played
>> with EJBs - But now I think I will be needing them.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jay
>

> -sachin

-sachin

Re: Eclipse tools - RC11

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've played around a little bit with the XDoc support in WTP, so if
you get a chance, give me some details on the steps you're doing and
would be glad to help you out.

On Sep 11, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> Could you be a little more specific? Are you saying that xdoc
>> generation fails? If so you'll want to report this to WTP via
>> bugzilla (bugs.eclipse.org component WTP/J2EE).  Or are you saying
>> Geronimo fails to process the generated dd? Could you provide us
>> your deployment descriptor as well as the openejb-jar.xml.  I'm
>> not too familiar with the openejb deployment descriptor so perhaps
>> someone can indicate any missing elements needed.
>>
>> On Sep 11, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone has run into the same situation as I
>>> have with Geronimo 1.1 (tomcat), Eclipse 3.2 (Callisto) w/ WTP
>>> 1.5.  Everything from Eclipse is as current as it gets.
>>>
>>> I can create an EJB project.  But, if I try to create an XDoclet
>>> Stateless Session EJB - it fails and does nothing.  There is
>>> nothing added to the .metadata/.log file.
>>>
>>> I am using the rc11 geronimo tools on linux.
>>>

>>> Any tips, suggestions?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Jay
>>

>> -sachin
>>

> Sachin,
>
> Eclipse does not even create the new java file.  I will give more
> details tomorrow (possibly today - but not likely).  This usually
> does not cause me problems because up until now I have only played
> with EJBs - But now I think I will be needing them.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jay

-sachin

Re: Eclipse tools - RC11

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.

Re: Eclipse tools - RC11

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Could you be a little more specific? Are you saying that xdoc
generation fails? If so you'll want to report this to WTP via
bugzilla (bugs.eclipse.org component WTP/J2EE).  Or are you saying
Geronimo fails to process the generated dd? Could you provide us your
deployment descriptor as well as the openejb-jar.xml.  I'm not too
familiar with the openejb deployment descriptor so perhaps someone
can indicate any missing elements needed.

On Sep 11, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has run into the same situation as I have
> with Geronimo 1.1 (tomcat), Eclipse 3.2 (Callisto) w/ WTP 1.5.
> Everything from Eclipse is as current as it gets.
>
> I can create an EJB project.  But, if I try to create an XDoclet
> Stateless Session EJB - it fails and does nothing.  There is
> nothing added to the .metadata/.log file.
>
> I am using the rc11 geronimo tools on linux.
>

> Any tips, suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jay

-sachin