Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2002/04/01 20:54:18 UTC

FW: repost of WSDL2Java question

Reposting this here too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 1:54 PM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: repost of WSDL2Java question

Hi Mark, sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

The <port>Service.java class is the interface which the Locator implements.  It's true this may not be strictly necessary, since no one I know of uses it yet.  It might come in handy later though for portable clients which dont want to know what particular implementation they're using.... *shrug*

The Skeleton class is no longer generated by default, we now put the metadata that it contained into the WSDD descriptor.  You can still get it by specifying the --skeletonDeploy option for the tool, though.

The port type interface itself is pretty handy, esp since that's what you get from the locator in most cases.  It's an implementation-independent model of the actual web service methods.

The Impl isn't strictly necessary if you have your own class which implements this stuff already, although you need to make sure that it's compatible with what the Impl looks like.  Your solution #2 is totally reasonable in that case, just point the className parameter of the WSDD service to your class.

Hope this helps,

--Glen