Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2010/02/02 21:55:37 UTC

Re: Initial Struts 2 Tutorials Completed - Please Review

Bruce,

I took a look through the first two (ant-based simple project and
maven-based simple project) and they are very well-written... Keep up
the good work!

There are a few things we should consider for the future -

1. Move your projects into the official Struts 2 Apache SVN
repository. Although the freedom of the Google code repository is
tempting, it also allows projects to quickly become forgotten and out
of sync (like my struts2inpractice apps).

2. It would be nice to try to figure out if we can combine the maven
resource plugin with the confluence snippet plugin so that in places
where you say things like X.X.X.X, we can actually put in meaningful
version numbers. I don't want anyone to have to remember to keep them
up to date, but I would think there there should be some way to hook
all of our pieces together so that your content stays updated, based
on the code that is in SVN.

I'll keep reading through, as I get time, but everything is looking
great so far!

-Wes

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM, phillips1021 <bp...@ku.edu> wrote:

> I've completed the initial set of new tutorials for Struts 2.  See:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2NewDocDraft/Tutorials
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2NewDocDraft/Tutorials .
>
> Please review and provide feedback.
>
> I hope we can soon move these tutorials to the main Struts 2 documentation
> web site and also include them in the Struts 2 download.  The easier we make
> it for beginners to learn Struts 2, the more developers we'll get using it,
> and then perhaps more resources for future development and documentation.
>
> Bruce Phillips

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Initial Struts 2 Tutorials Completed - Please Review

Posted by phillips1021 <bp...@ku.edu>.
Wes - appreciate the feedback.

I was hoping that we could move the new tutorials to our "live"
documentation wiki.

How can I get that to happen?

Bruce

RE: scalability issue in AnnotationActionValidatorManager

Posted by Rahul Jain <Ra...@csr.com>.
Yes, I did, but I think firewall removed it. I am sending it again after zipping.

Regards,
Rahul

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

--
Łukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: scalability issue in AnnotationActionValidatorManager

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Jain <Ra...@csr.com>.
Hi,

When I run a load test with 10 or more concurrent users I see that a few
threads are blocked in AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java,
getValidators(). I saw an old post which says that ConcurrentHaspMap
should be used in this class. I am using struts version 2.0.14. Does
anyone has a working fix for this in xwork? This problem is causing
scalability issues.

Below is the stack trace of a blocked thread.

Name: http-8080-1
State: BLOCKED on
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager@1cade
4 owned by: http-8080-16
Total blocked: 3,957  Total waited: 719

Stack trace:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.getVa
lidators(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:62)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.valid
ate(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:138)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.valid
ate(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:113)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.valid
ate(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:100)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doBeforeInvocati
on(ValidationInterceptor.java:142)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(Vali
dationInterceptor.java:148)
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationIntercepto
r.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:48)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Me
thodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept
(ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:123)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(Pa
rametersInterceptor.java:184)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Me
thodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercep
t(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:105)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:224)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultAct
ionInvocation.java:223)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerS
tack.java:455)
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvo
cation.java:221)
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(CheckboxInt
erceptor.java:83)