Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Matthieu Estrade <me...@apache.org> on 2007/01/04 15:26:27 UTC

apr_shm permission denied

Hi,I'm searching to create some shm at apache startup, then in each child,
attach this shm and use it.Actually, i just create the shm, then cast a
struct on the data i get with base_get_addr.I do this at post_config hook of
apache 2.0.xThe problem is this shm is created as root, (i was thinking the
post_config hook was running with apache user :( but it seems not...) and
when i want to attach my shm in child (run as apache user), i have a
permission denied.It seems it's because it's using APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET first
in the condition to create shm. So as shm is root, i can't attach it in
child...Is there a way to have the shm created with a flag saying i can
attach it in a non root process ?Or a child in apache i can use at startup to
create my shm not as root ?Matthieu
This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.org