Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by di...@the-ecorp.com on 2001/06/06 13:14:15 UTC

WebDav ACL Client

Hi all,

I have noticed that ACL support on the client side isn't completely
implemented.
There is some work done but it's not finished.

As I'm going to need DAV ACL for the next phase of my work, so I will
complete the ACL support.
Now we are using RMI to do ACL operations on the slide server but we want to
change that.

If anybody has ACL code/ideas to submit please do so...
otherwise expect some patches comming you way in a few days.

Greetz
Dirk

Re: WebDav ACL Client

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting dirk.verbeeck@the-ecorp.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that ACL support on the client side isn't completely
> implemented.
> There is some work done but it's not finished.
>
> As I'm going to need DAV ACL for the next phase of my work, so I will
> complete the ACL support.
> Now we are using RMI to do ACL operations on the slide server but we
> want to
> change that.

Very good idea. I guess RMI works ok, but the more that can be done in the
WebDAV layer (which is non proprietary), the better.
The handling of the ACL and additional properties in the client library should
be code complete (and needs testing), but it's not exposed (yet) in the
WebdavResource (which I guess is what you plan to do).

> If anybody has ACL code/ideas to submit please do so...

Well, it was on my todo list, but my todo list is way too long, so if you can
help make it a bit shorter, that would be awesome ;)

> otherwise expect some patches comming you way in a few days.

Great !

Remy